ART OF THE SEA TURTLE
September 21, 2019
401 Oak Street, Fairhope
September 21, 2019
Noon - 4pm
ESAC is a non-profit organization!
We are celebrating Sea Turtles at ESAC!
Eastern Shore Art Center invites the community to engage in creativity and conservation as we celebrate TURTLES! Guests will enjoy interactive booths, art exhibits, art projects, and grab bags. From Red Bellies and Gophers to Loggerheads and Leatherbacks, turtles are taking over ESAC!
– Our poster artwork this year is a watercolor by Nancy Nesvick. Thank you, Nancy!
September 21, 2019: Art of the Sea Turtle!
Join us for a FREE day of Sea Turtle Fun in a special community collaboration! For all ages!!
Events: Noon – 4pm
- Film Screenings: The Underwater Forest and Sea Turtle Micro Documentaries!
- Art Exhibit: Artists will be displaying in our “underwater” Whiting Gallery, as it is filled with turtle inspired art. We will also have ceramic turtles for sale with proceeds benefiting Share the Beach- Alabama’s Sea Turtle Conservation Program.
- Make-and-Take Kid’s Turtle Art Projects: Head down to the studios to create your own mixed media turtle painting in our “Shell out the Art” project.
- Conservation Education: Check out a mock sea turtle nest and learn about how humans can positively impact the sea turtle population with “Share the Beach”. Explore “Creative Conservation” with ESAC Community Outreach Director, Nancy Raia, and see how she has used visual arts to garner support for Weeks Bay, Dauphin Island, and other environmental organizations.
- Plastic bag exchange: Bring in those pesky plastic grocery bags to recycle and receive a reusable tote filled with goodies!
- Book Signing: “Finding Home” The Life of Stella Sea Turtle signing with Simone Lipscomb & Linda-Bell SchorerAnd much, much more!
Want to help us spread the word on Turtle Day? Please download either flyer below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
© Copyright 2016 Eastern Shore Art Center // 401 Oak St. // Fairhope, AL 36532 // (251) 928-2228 // firstname.lastname@example.org