ART OF THE BUTTERFLY
Celebrating Monarchs all summer long!
401 Oak Street, Fairhope
September 22, 2018
ESAC is a non-profit organization!
We are celebrating Monarchs at ESAC!
ESAC is partnering with Suzanne Damrich and Fairn Whatley of the Monarch Conservancy and creators of the award-winning film “The Mystical Migration of the Monarch Along the Gulf Coast”, to raise awareness of the dwindling population of the Monarch Butterfly. The Monarch’s roles in pollination, insect control, and as a food source help shape our global ecosystem.
September 22, 2018: Art of the Butterfly!
Join us for a FREE day of Monarch Butterfly Fun in a special community collaboration! For all ages!!
Events: 11am – 1pm
- Film Screening: The Mystical Migration of the Monarch (11:15am & 12:15pm showtimes)
- Art Market: ESAC Artist Members will have Butterfly themed art for sale
- Make-and-Take Kid’s Butterfly Art Projects: Creative painting fun!
- Butterfly Art Market: Work by artists and our Butterfly Art Camp students will be on display and for sale.
- Monarch Education: Fairn Whatley and Suzanne Damrich of the Monarch Conservancy will discuss their film, the importance of helping the dwindling Monarch population and easy things we can do to help.
- Milkweed Sales: The Baldwin County Master Gardeners will be on hand with milkweed to sell and to explain how to plant to attract Monarchs.
- And much, much more!
ATTENTION ARTISTS: We are looking for ESAC Artist Level Members who are interested in showing their butterfly oriented artwork at our event!! For more information, please download the form below:
Meet our Honorary Chair!
Lenise Ligon joined WALA in March 2008. In addition to co-anchoring FOX10 News at 4, 5, and 9 p.m., her Daily Dot Com reports are a fun way for Lenise to share her love of technology with her audience.
Before working her way to the Gulf Coast, Lenise began her career as an entertainment host for WDIV in metro-Detroit, her hometown area. From there, Lenise worked at WKBN as a reporter in Youngstown, OH.
She then moved on to WNEM in Saginaw, MI as a reporter/anchor, followed by a three-year stint at WBTV in Charlotte as a co-anchor of the morning and noon newscasts.
For more on Lenise, visit:
Bio credit: http://www.fox10tv.com
© Copyright 2016 Eastern Shore Art Center // 401 Oak St. // Fairhope, AL 36532 // (251) 928-2228 // email@example.com