The Eastern Shore Art Center will reopen on Tuesday, June 16!
Gallery hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4pm
Academy hours: Opens 15 minutes before and closes 15 minutes after class time only, or by appointment.
We have been working hard to prepare a Health and Safety Plan to prepare for our Academy classes, workshops and Art Bash summer camp.
The studios and restrooms have been thoroughly disinfected and sanitizing stations are available. ESAC is committed to complying with national safety guidelines and have put the following measures in place to ensure a fun and safe time for all:
- All visitors and students are asked to practice social distancing before entering the facility, and to wear masks while inside the facility (until further notice). Staff, volunteers and instructors will be wearing masks. Students and visitors aged 10 and up should wear masks while in the facility.
- At the front entrance, up to 12 people will be allowed in the galleries at one time, with only one person being admitted at a time for social distancing at the door.
- The Academy entrance will be for use by registered students only, no walk-in traffic. People wanting to register for classes may do so by appointment only with the Academy Director, Reanna Watson. Registration is available online, by phone or mail.
- The Academy doors will be open only 15 minutes before classes start and 15 minutes after classes end, with one person entering at a time.
- Students will be checked with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering. If a fever of 100 or above is detected, students will be unable to attend class and a full refund will be offered.
- The Art Center staff is disinfecting doors, handles and classroom surfaces daily, as well as bathroom fixtures and surfaces.
- We have planned for the maximum number of students for each class based on the need for social distancing. Studio spaces have been reconfigured to allow for 6 feet social distancing practices.
- We request that students stay in the building once classes start, with the exception being classes that have planned outdoor field trips. Doors will be locked at 5 minutes past the start time. Lunch will be eaten inside. Please bring your own refreshments, snacks and lunches as students will not have access to the kitchen. ESAC will not be serving coffee until further notice.
- We’ve marked six feet segments from the Academy entrance to the classrooms as well as to classroom sinks to make social distancing easy in traffic areas.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing by faculty, staff, students, and visitors will be encouraged. Signage is at all sinks, along with hand sanitizer and micro-bacterial wipes. Disinfecting wipes will be available in classrooms and in the bathrooms. Students will be encouraged to use the wipes on all knobs, handles and levers in the bathrooms.
- The Academy restroom will be available for use by students, parents, staff and volunteers only.
- While we are taking precautionary measures, it might be a good idea to also bring your own hand sanitizer for personal use.
- Open Studio will be Saturday from 10am-4pm, limited to 8 students at a time on a first-come, first-served basis, through July 18.
- Students are asked not to share supplies. All ESAC studio tools used by students will be placed in a disinfecting bath until the next class.
- All tables, chairs and equipment will be wiped down between classes.
- Students will have access to the Art Center galleries and gift shop during open hours, with social distancing requirements.
If you aren’t feeling well:
- If any staff, faculty, or students are coughing, sneezing or in general not feeling well, please stay at home, and follow the advice of a health professional. Any student or faculty demonstrating health issues will be asked to leave.
We are looking forward to a fun and creative summer in a safe environment!